My name is Jan-Yves Ruzicka, and I’m a recovering professional in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand. I’ve put my fling with globalism well behind me, and I’m currently working out what it means to recover from capitalism.
What do you do?
It varies from hour to hour:
- During working hours I make numbers make sense to people for whom numbers don’t usually make sense.
- During evenings and weekends I help ensure that a small person stays alive and well.
- When other people are in bed I tinker with code, write a bit, and generally try to build interesting things for my own amusement.
- Once a week I try to get out of the house and explore imagined worlds with my friends.
- Very occasionally I’ll plunge my hands into the soil and remember where I came from.
You can find the colophon to this site here.